Download the Notice >>here
THIS NOTICE IS ISSUED WITH EFFECT FROM 18th MARCH 2022. A. GENERAL TRAVEL REQUIREMENT
1. All travelers arriving into Kenya through any point of entry must have a certificate of COVID- 19 vaccination.
The following categories of travelers are exempt from the requirement:
a. Travelers with medical conditions precluding vaccination. Such persons shall be required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner detailing the medical reason precluding vaccination.
b. Travelers who have recovered from an active COVID-19 infection or received convalescent plasma in the preceding 90 days. Such persons shall be required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner showing that the person may have recovered from an active infection in the preceding 90 days.
c. Returning unvaccinated Kenyans who have difficulty accessing vaccines in their current country of residence. Such persons must be prepared to be vaccinated immediately upon arrival and must register for vaccination on Chanjo-Ke platform before departure. Proof of registration shall be required before entry in to the country.
2. All travelers coming to Kenya who are fully vaccinated shall be exempt from the requirement of a PCR test.
3. All eligible unvaccinated travelers arriving at any port of entry into Kenya, must be in possession of a valid COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate conducted within 72 hours before departure regardless of the route of entry. Children below the age of five (5) years are exempt from this requirement.
4. Unvaccinated travelers arriving at any point of entry shall be subjected to rapid antigen test at their own cost of 30 USD .Any person who test positive on antigen RDT will be subjected to PCR test at their own further cost of 50 USD and self-isolate. Travelers below the age of five (5) years are exempt from this testing requirement.
5. There will be no paper verification of COVID-19 test results and vaccination certificates upon arrival into Kenya. Airlines should ensure that all travelers have uploaded both documents into global haven before boarding via www.globalhaven.org
6. Operating crew are exempt from COVID-19 test when on a layover between flights. They
must adhere to COVID-19 protocols from airport to hotel/residence and back to airport.
7. All travelers arriving at any port of entry into Kenya will be required to fill the passenger locator form on the ‘jitenge’ platform. Airlines are advised to allow passengers onboard to use paper passenger locator forms whenever the “jitenge” platform may be down. Port health officers shall clear passengers upon arrival into Kenya.
8. Passengers travelling out of Kenya will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the destination country.
9. Pre-departure testing may be considered at the discretion of any of the airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.
10. All travelers to countries requiring antigen testing hours before travel will be required to undertake pre-travel rapid antigen test at the MOH Port Health facility at the airport and the results uploaded to the Trusted Travel platform.