Electronic Travel Authorization
As from January 2024 the Government of Kenya has made a visa transition from ecitizen.go.ke to etakenya.go.ke.
Consequently all clients who would wish to visit Kenya must submit their Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) application online, through https://www.etakenya.go.ke/en
PERSONS WHO ARE EXEMPTED FROM OBTAINING THE ELECTRONIC TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION (eTA)
- Holders of valid Kenya Passports or one-way Emergency Certificate issued by Kenya Missions abroad.
- Holders of Kenya Permanent Residence, valid Work Permits and Passes.
- Holders of valid United Nation Conventional Travel Document issued by the Government of Kenya.
- Members of the Diplomatic Missions and International Organizations Accredited to Kenya.
- Citizens of the East African Partner States; These countries include Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. (Exempted for Six (6) months).
- All passengers in transit through Kenya arriving and leaving by the same aircraft or transferring to another aircraft and who do not leave the precincts of Airports in Kenya.
- All passengers arriving and leaving by the same ship, and who do not leave the ship.
- Members of crew of any ship, aircraft, train, vehicle or carrier; whose name and particulars are included in the crew manifest of the ship, aircraft, train, vehicle or carrier; and who is proceeding in such ship, aircraft, train, vehicle or carrier to a destination outside Kenya.
- Owners of private aircraft stopping over for refuelling in Kenya and who do not leave the precincts of the airport.
Further details on persons exempted from Obtaining eTA and those exempted from paying are available here.
All other visitors including infants and children who intend to travel to the Republic of Kenya must have an approved Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) before the start of their journey.
Please have the following documents ready before starting your application.
For all travellers
- Valid passport for at least six (6) month after your planned date of arrival into Kenya with at least one blank page
- Selfie or passport-type photo
- Contact information, email address and phone number
- Details of your arrival and departure itinerary
- Accommodation booking confirmation(s)
- Credit card, debit card, Apple pay or other means of payment
Based on your country of residence and citizenships the following may also be required:
- Financial assets / banks letter(s)
- Return transportation booking (flight ticket….)
Based on your country of residence and travel history the following may also be required:
- Yellow fever certificate
- Other vaccination(s) or test results certificates
Based on your purpose of visit the following may also be required:
- Letter and/or appointment letter from the referring doctor / hospital
- Conference invitation/participation letter
- Employment contract
- Supporting documents for resettlement
For Business visits
- Invitation letter from company
- Copy of registration of the company
For Family visits
- Invitation letter from family/host
- Identity card / Passport / Alien card / Entry permit of the family member / host
For Diplomatic travel
- A Diplomatic, Official and Service passport
- An official letter from the Country of Origin/ Organisation/ Foreign Affairs.
Processing time will vary depending on the type of eTA and your country of citizenship.
Standard processing time is three (3) working days.
For assistance or enquiries
+254 110 922 062
+254 110 922 064
+254 110 922 063